Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Hard Times

Confession: The past year has been an extremely difficult one for me on many different levels. I've had family issues, health issues, financial issues, house issues and general loss of happiness issues. Today I'm taking a moment to be thankful to my ancestors for helping me keep these issues in perspective.

If you are one person with no knowledge of your ancestors, your "big picture" perspective is relatively small. You could get stuck in your problems without a way to see outside of them. But MY big picture includes generations of ancestors. I can see their big issues from the beginning, middle, and, most importantly, end. I can see the other side of my problems, because I can see the other side of theirs.

This isn't why I started doing genealogy, but it has been a very pleasant byproduct for which I am very thankful!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment