Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun: Great Grandparents

Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings posted this week’s Saturday Night Genealogy Fun. Usually I don’t get to play along because of the 804 things that we do on Saturday’s but today I’ve been procrastinging doing genealogy research (because I don’t seem to remember how) but doing things like updating my iPad and iPhone, Feedly blogs, etc. I saw this come through and decided to jump in, since these are my favorite pictures.

From Randy:
Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music):

1)  Dana Leeds on the Enthusiastic Genealogist blog asks "
Did/Do Your Children Know Any of Their Great-Grandparents?"

2)  I thought that would be a great Saturday Night Genealogy Fun question - so please share your response with us in a blog post of your own, in a comment on this blog post, or in a Facebook or Google+ post.

3)  For extra credit, or in case the answer is "No," then please answer the question for yourself, or your parents.
Signa and William both still have a great grandparent alive and both know and love him. My grandfather, the title star of my previous book, The Duke of Mixager, is alive and well. I’m sad to say that none of my other grandparents were alive to meet my children, though.

For me, however, I am lucky enough to have met my 2nd great grandfather and to have known two great grandparents very well. I’ve featured their photos several times before, but here they are again:



Orville "Tom" Conner and Anna Konst Conner (my great grandparents)

I have a photo charm bracelet with my dad, my grandpa, my great grandpa and my 2nd great grandpa and then this photo of all of us:


Pierre Conner (my grandfather), Orville "Tom" Conner (my great grandfather), William Mason Conner (my 2nd great grandfather, Harry Conner (my dad), and me.

William Mason Conner (2nd great grandpa) and me

No comments:

Post a Comment